Sunday, August 22, 2010

In terms of striving to be better in your life, what is the best advice you have ever recieved??

I received several pieces of advice that helped me. One, was my ninth grade English teacher made me memorize the lines from Hamlet: ';To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night, the day, thou canst not then be false to any man';. Another was, ';Is it fair to all concerned';?In terms of striving to be better in your life, what is the best advice you have ever recieved??
The best advice I ever received was to be true to myself. Don't waste years trying to be what your mother or father or spouse want you to be. Assess your own strengths and weaknesses. Ask yourself want you want out of life and go for it.In terms of striving to be better in your life, what is the best advice you have ever recieved??
This was a quote from Albert Einstein. ';I never lie, that way I don't have to remember anything';. My second favorite came from a college buddy of mine. ';If you're not going my way, then you're IN my way';!
Strive for happiness and find what makes you happy don't depend on others to make you happy. Don't dwell on the past or things out of your control.
Read the Bible every day, pray to Jesus about the things I'm concerned about, plus try to be like Him as much as possible. If I fail, then ask for His forgiveness and try again since He knows we aren't perfect and make mistakes. Then rest assured knowing that I will live with Him forever in Heaven when He returns to earth to take His believers there to be with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment