Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Advice would be nice?

I have had my cat Sally for about five years and she is around six years. Shes absolutely a delight and is well behaved and overall a very sweet cat. The only thing is she'll sometime eat her food to fast and then vomit it back up, is there any way to prevent this so she'll be happier and I'll have less to clean up?Advice would be nice?
I spoke to the people at my pet shop, and they recommended a specific food. She may be eating too fast due to the food being less filling, or being full of carbs.





I had a cat that did that too and when I switched her to a low grain, low carb dry food, she stopped. There are some really good ones out there, the ones I know of are EVO and Taste of the Wild. You may have to look real hard for the second one, but it's less expensive than the EVO.





You could also try a hairball treatment. It worked for a bit on the same cat.Advice would be nice?
I have a cat that has been vomiting about once a week and it's just his food. He's been behaving perfectly normal other than that and my husband suggested that perhaps we're putting too much food out for him at a time. Maybe you should try feeding Sally a small amount of food a couple or multiple times throughout the day. (this worked for a friend of mine with her beagle who would drink too water too fast and then throw it back up)
Only feed her a teaspoon full at a time, and space out her feeding somewhat. This will slow down her eating and halt her from scarfing it all down at one time. Also you don't mention if this is dry or wet food. Some cats will throw up wet food if their stomachs can't tolerate it. One of ours was like this and for 21 years we had to feed her a special diet.


So if lowering the amount she eats and monitoring her intake doesn't work you may want to speak to her vet about your concerns. Oh, and also check to make sure she doesn't have any teeth that are giving her a problem, some cats will gobble down their food instead of chewing it well, if they have dental problems or any kind of tooth pain.





Good luck.
Train her by eating slow by giving her a bite size of food in her ball and when she has eaten it repeat this. Do this for a week and if you see no improvement do it a bit longer. If it still doesn't work take it to the vet.
I haven't found a way. I got one too. She's much better since she's been eating mostly wet food lately. I feed her whiskas in the package now. Anyway, hope it helps you out too. Good luck!
My 8 year old male does the same thing. They sell dog bowls to stop this but not cat bowls. Try giving her smaller amounts , more often during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment