Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ex-self cutters or current self-cutters, what is the best advice to avoid a cutting attack?

How can you release the pain without cutting yourself? I'm at the brink right now and I can't do it. I don't want to get in trouble for it but I'm so mad. Ex-self cutters or current self-cutters, what is the best advice to avoid a cutting attack?
People actually cut for different reasons so you need to identify what triggers you to cut. Once you can do that you need to find a way to avoid that trigger and find a different way to cope.





Physical activity is good for anger. You can also find great advice and support at The Cutting Board over at:





http://www.crazyboards.org





As you get older, you'll also gradually grow out of it because with life experience you get more comfortable with yourself and you realize you don't need to punish yourself. You'll learn to let go of anger. It's a poison that eats you up inside.





Ex-self cutters or current self-cutters, what is the best advice to avoid a cutting attack?
You need to find a healthier way to release your anger.


Buy a punching bag, go for a walk, listen to music.


Anything that will pass the time until the edge comes off.





You just have to understand that your feelings of rage will pass, and you need to hold off for then.





You could always just say ';I will wait 10 mins, if I want to cut myself then, I will'; and then just keep putting it off, every 10 minutes. Kinda like a cutting-yourself snooze button.
I am an ex-cutter. I was always told by my psychiatrist when I felt like cutting to hold a piece of ice in my hand until it hurts bad -which it does. I also used to put 1 to 10 or more real rubber bands (the kind that comes around delivered newspapers) around my wrist and I'd snap them hard when I felt an urge. If anger is an issue, take it out on a punching bag or focus that anger into a hard workout at the gym. Feel the burn. Go run around the block a couple times -blow off steam. I hope I have helped in some way. Blessings.
i got a rubber band, and i just snapped that on me


%26amp;%26amp; then if that didnt work i did an ice cube on the areas


%26amp;%26amp;%26amp; if i really couldnt do it, get a red marker %26amp;%26amp; like draw lines


i know that sounds weird but the rubber band was okay %26amp;%26amp; the lines


really helped me just get over it, %26amp;%26amp; i havent cut in so long because of


thosee!
you need to get therapy for this it is a mental illness and needs to be treated. If you are in school your councilor should be able to point you in the right direction. sorry I was not much help for right now. just go to bed and ry to go to sleep things will get better.
I haven't cut for around 2 years or so. I used to go for a walk, exercise increases Endorphins so you feel happier and better about yourself. Crying helped too, sometimes a good cry is all anyone ever needs.


Good luck and stay strong :)
Throw away all sharp objects and then go to a friends house so your not alone. I found it best to have a close friend, who was a girl, simply hold me until i felt better. Make sure its a close friend, as it took me ages and we ended up falling asleep together.
Do something that takes lots of energy so you can take your anger out on that. Maybe go for a run or something you enjoy doing to distract you. Maybe you could cry or scream into your pillow or something if you find that helps
I used to take a pent to a pad of paper and tear through it with the pen. Making lines. Or wrote poetry.
See a doctor. Get help, it isn't healthy at all. And 7 out of ten times in turns into suicide attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment