Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Soon To Be Freshman Advice?

Well next year im going to be a freshman so what are some good tips for me as a freshman and also has anyone been to 2 macrhing band camp? If so what is it like and how could i get into symphonic band as a freshman if im in concert badn right now? I play Tenor Saxophone so tips on that tooSoon To Be Freshman Advice?
Right now I'm in my freshman year of high school. I recommend that you do all of your homework and try to be at school all of the time ( don't skip etc). If you are having your first midterms in freshman year like I did, study for them a week or 2 before they actually happen, rather then cramming them all in the night before each exam. I learned this the hard way, and a few of the tests were harder than I expected, while some were easier. Some people say the work is harder than middle school, while others say its harder. It depends on what classes you take. ( Like college prep, honors, AP, etc)Soon To Be Freshman Advice?
Wow...I asked this question last year when i was an 8th grader too. My suggestions would be to be yourself and be really social because you dont want to be one of the kids who has no friends. Also dont fall into any cliques or anything that is bad for you reputaion. Have Fun too! Highschool is a way better experience so far than junior high and make sure to join clubs or any other extra-curricular activities (band). Also keep up with your grades and get your credits because I'm sure that you dont want to get left behind!





Good Luck in band by the way. It would only work if you try out and do your best.





Good Luck!! Have Fun!





=)
The freshman advice part: Just do two things





1. Don't let yourself get trapped into some sort of reputation(one that you don't want people to think of about you), it'll stick for a long time....





2. Don't let people trample over you, stand up for yourself(learned that the hard way).

No comments:

Post a Comment