Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Any help or advice would be appreciated?

i'm 18 yrs old and i've never met my father. he completely denies my existence. a yr ago i tracked him down.... i never wanted a dime from him... i only wanted to know who he was. when i did finally get up the nerve to call him he told me i was not his problem and hung up.





does anyone else here feel like i am entitled to the money he would have been paying in child support? initially i didnt want it but i feel like if he refusing to have any contact with me and myself(now) and my mother have taken care of me..... arent we owed that? he didnt want to be an actual father but he still was supposed to help support me, correct? do you feel it would be morally correct to sue him?





**if you do and you know of any good lawyers in Illinois please let me know.





peace and blessings to all


SakinaAny help or advice would be appreciated?
It wouldn't be incorrect to sue him. Just wish you hadn't waited so long. It can be done, Get yourself a lawyer that will take just a percentage of what you will initially get.





It won't make your father happy but you derserve something especially if he's treating you the way he is. He's gotten awway with enough all ready.





GODD LUCK!Any help or advice would be appreciated?
Dear Sakina,





I can imagine how you feel about your father.


I read from your profile that you are now a moslem girl as myself.


I belive that what you should do is to pray allah to forgive your father and try hard to get intouch with him again as mach as you can. Do not sue your father! Just try to forgive him no matter how many times he hangs up the phone and does not answer.
ok. #1 Did he sign the birth certificate or acknowledge paternity at any point in your life?


#2 Has he been reported to Illinois that he not given your mom child support for the last 18 yrs?


Ok, if he has acknowledged paternity, he should be listed as a deadbeat dad, or that he is behind 18 yrs in child support. I'm not sure how the law goes, but usually in Illinois, the child support enforcement keeps tabs on deadbeats. Not sure of any lawyers, but maybe you can contact the Illinois Department of Health and Human Services. On the website, they have listed numbers you can call to find out specific information. You may be able to obtain a lawyers name that can help you in your situation. Good Luck.
yes ,go for it .if your father has brought u in this world he should be responsible for you.best of luck .i hope u succeed.may god help u.
go get em
Hi Living, Am really sorry that your dad is a rotten BASTARD. No one needs to be treated the way that the SON OF A *********


DID YOU. I really think that it had to be court order about child support and support for your mom. If this didn't take place,i don't think you have a leg to stand on. But in my book you deserve every last penny. A Friend.





Clowmy
Your mother should have been entitled to child support while you were a minor. I dont know if its possible for you to get any money from him, but I'm willing to bet your mom is eligable. I dont know where you live in Illinois, but if you live near Woodstock in McHenry county, there is an excellent lawyer with the last name Gitlin. I forgot his first name, but he is supposed to be one of the best out there. I think there is only one lawyer named Gitlin in woodstock.
I was 21 years old when I talked to my biological dad for the very first time, and it was over the phone, too. We ended up meeting in person about a month after that. The reason I called him was because I wanted to meet him and get to know him. I wanted to be able to talk to him and just basically have something I had never had before...a dad and daughter relationship. It never crossed my mind to ask him for any kind of money or anything.


Well, I don't know what I was expecting, but it didn't turn out anything like I wanted it to. If I would have stopped and thought about it first, then I never would have called him in the first place.


I want you to think about it long and hard before you decide to do anything about your dad. You're right to think that it was wrong that he went all that time and couldn't even support his own kid.


It takes a sorry piece of sh*t to make a baby and just take off without a backwards glance!


But you know something????%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;The way I see it is like this%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;I looked forward to meeting my dad %26amp; ended up meeting a man that did me a bigger favor than a lot of other ppl would do for me!....HE STAYED OUT OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!


God Bless!
i'm in the same situation..i'm gonna sue him for the back child support [over 100,000$]
Did your mom ever try to get child support from him? She might have a better chance of getting something from him financially than you do, Try contacting your local Child Support Enforcement Agency. It would be in the blue pages of your phone book. They can tell you all your local laws/restrictions/limitations, etc. They can also help you find a pro bono (free) lawyer in your area who would specialize in that sort of case. There might be a statute of limitations on this case, so time is of the essence. Good Luck... I went through something similar.
he should definatley have to pay ans far as a lawyer i cant help you there but yea the money is owed to you and your mom
  • cartridge
  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment