Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm scared I might be pregnant with a boy...advice?

I am pregnant with my first child and I have not found out the sex yet. I am scared it is a boy...not because I don't want a boy or hate boys...that's not it at all. I love this baby with all of my heart even though I'm not very far along...but my dad abandoned me and I was never close to any uncles or anybody and I never met my brother. I have five sisters...so I know all about girls. But I know nothing about boys and when I try to picture my baby as a boy I can't. I can picture bonding with a girl because I raised my last two sisters...when they were born I fed them bathed them changed their diapers because my mom was too depressed. But I have no experience with boys and I can't picture myself raising a son.








I will love my baby regardless, I know that, but I'm intimidated and scared. I can so easily picture bondign with a girl...but the boy thing is so unknown.





Has anyone else ever felt this way?I'm scared I might be pregnant with a boy...advice?
Your husband is a boy.I'm scared I might be pregnant with a boy...advice?
i think it will all come natural to you soon as u have the baby if its boy its just a momma thing but its crazy how it just all comes natural lil boys are sooo sweet. stop stressing about it it will all work out the way it is suppose to
NO!!!! You'll figure it out
a boy needs his mamma. You can teach him to be a wonderful person, and he will find a man figure.





Boys are easy, you will know what to do. Women have been to it for ages, no one get a guide book. Enjoy your boy or girl!
you're going to be a mom, and regardless of the sex, you're gonna be a good mom. And trust me, boys aren't that difficult. You'll be okay
no but im glad that you will love your baby regardless of their sex
nooo
I think your feelings are totally normal after reading some of your background history. Here is the thing, you will be fine.





Do you have a close guy friend who you can go to to ask questions? Or a good Girlfriend who has sons? If you do, then ask one of them if they will be your walking talking reference guide to doing things like Potty Training and such. I also think that if you have someone to go to to ask questions of, you won't feel so overwhelmed.





If you don't have any friends like I have described, then look for a good book about raising children, it can be a good reference guide.
Well obviously you need a guy to hav a baby so if its a boy it can bond with its dad!
I have never felt that way and it may be a bit different than you expected but as you raise your baby you will learn what to do so don't worry about it.
I am only 17, so I really have no idea


BUT


from what I have heard, it comes naturally.


You will bond with your boy, if it is a boy and you will love him, and be a good mum, people do it all the time.


You seem like you have family around for support also.


Good luck


and remember, it is a learning experience, and you will do well. :)
Hmm. Well, I never felt this way because I never got pregnant :] Well, you will know how to raise a son. You're probably just worried too much. Just don't worry.
Don't worry. As babies, girls and boys are basically the same except for their genitalia. As the baby grows up, you'll know what to do. Everyone has fears and doubts during pregnancy. You'll be fine.
When your baby arrives, whether it's a girl or boy, you will love him/her regardless of the sex. You'll see..





Meanwhile, don't worry about whether it's a boy or girl. This may be the perfect opportunity for you to learn that not all guys are the same, and maybe you'll love this little boy more than anyone in the entire world.





I'm sure it has happened before. In fact, I know a 17 year who just had a child, the dad left, she lives with her single mom, and she loves the baby more than anything. So, cheer up and try to be positive.








Good luck :)
get a Dionysian
just relax its a baby either way love is all you need. if you dont know about boys you will learn , girls and boys need the same thing, love, food , drink, sleep, and safety. plus if you have internet access well you can google everything!!
I was nervous to have a boy and when I went to my ultrasound it was a boy! I was kinda upset because I couldn't see myself with a boy. Now I am SO excited to have a boy. I know I can't see myself with one buy my husband pointed out all the great things about boys. I've asked him many questions about boys and asked women who have boys questions about their little boys. It's made me feel wonderful. Congrats!
Don't worry about it is my advice. You will do fine. Just remember that boys tend to be more attached to their mothers than girls. But they aren't as much as a fuss either. You won't have to spend tons of money on a boy, or at least you won't have to spend as much as you would if you were having a girl. My mom felt that way about my brother. But look at it this way, you've got a husband there to pull you through.
First of all Congrats... Yeah we are humans and it's quite normal to feel scared That's why it's called feelings as we don't have control over them..


You are scared bz, well u know you have given the answer yourself..


Trust me it will be fine, you will be a great mother!!! Child is gonna be yours and you won't even look at it as a boy or a girl.. IT'S A BABY MY BABY...


Good luck
Thread a needle, and lay down on your back. Have someone else hold the threaded needle over your stomach. Give it a second.If the needle spins in circles, it's a girl, if it rocks back and fourth, it's a boy. Don't be worried about anything. If it's a boy, just raise it with the knowledge of how yyou don't want him to be.





You're in my prayers and good luck! :]
Yeah, I have all sisters, too, so I was hoping for a girl! I have a few nephews, and I love them, but boy babies are kind of a scary thing! Good thing I had a girl, huh? But really, I think I would have been fine with either. You just have to learn about them as an individual and love them regardless of gender. You will be fine!
Don't worry about it.....boy or girl a first parent has so much to learn.....you'll be fine......
i've been around a lot of babies.. none of my own but you need to relax, the more stress you put yourself in, the more danger you put your baby in. once you have the baby, instincts will kick in. if it is a boy, you'll do fine for the first few years. once you hit four or so, that's when you should worry because his personality will kick in. have fun with him and don't be afraid, he'll sense that and worry to. Be comfortable and love your baby. Congratulations!
i have a sister too, but when i was 14 my mom had my little brother!


Let me tell you, boys are totally awesome! Boys and their mothers have special relationships! And they are way too much fun! I loved my little bro, he's the greatest!


And i was older when my mom had him, so i kinda helped raise him.
chill out! theres alot of books written about raising baby boys. go to your libary and your sure to find one. i never wanted to play with barbies and glitter so i was happy i had a boy to play with trucks and diggers. boys are louder than girls and most are alot faster but think of this if it is a boy as a fun challenge.
If the baby is a boy, bond with him. Just be happy and don't panic :)
No matter what you'll figure it out-


with boys you just have to give them their space- they're pretty independent... dont be insulted if he'd rather hang out w/ his friends- dont fuss over him too much %26amp; definitely put him in sports- where he can interact w/ plenty of other males %26amp; not feel like he is left out. It will be good- all kids are different anyway, you'll just have to pay attention to him- he'll let you know what is working %26amp; what isnt by his behavior. congrats btw, %26amp; best of luck-
That's exactly how I was. No experience with boys, and I REALLY wanted a girl. But it's a boy. I was disappointed, for a few days. But you have the perfect chance to raise a GOOD man, that doesn't treat women wrong or leave. You will bond with him, but it's not wrong to be a little sad if it's a boy. I cried in the ultrasound room, and my fiancee thought it meant I didn't love the baby. It's totally normal, my friends were mad when they found out they were having girls.





If it helps, I've also heard boys are easier to raise, and most boys take to their mothers, where girls will take to their fathers if they are around.





It took me awhile to get into it, but now I can't wait. I hope he looks just like his dad (who is awesome).
All I can tell you is that once the baby is born, it won't matter if it's a boy or a girl, you'll bond with it regardless. Just because you can't picture yourself doing it, doesn't mean you won't.
You sound kinda out of it lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment