Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I've been called for an interview with a marketing company called Three Stars Media, any advice?

They sent me to their website (www.threestarsmedia.com) and it looks like a great place to work. I know all of the basic tips for interviewing, but does anyone know some extra special tips that might help put me over the top?I鈥檝e been called for an interview with a marketing company called Three Stars Media, any advice?
I just checked out the Web site and they seem like they love extracurricular activities. I'd maybe talk about that, like ask the interviewer about their sports programs. It looks like they have a flag football league, ask about their record.I鈥檝e been called for an interview with a marketing company called Three Stars Media, any advice?
Read the following links and judge for yourself:





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfuC7IbVdE





http://www.phishbucket.org/main/content/view/3596/





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Spelunkster/Scammer





http://www.aboutus.org/User:snagalot/ThreeStarsTeam.com

Report Abuse



http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/three-stars-media-c177469.html





Read the comment ';My Three Stars SCAM experience';. RUN from this company !

Report Abuse



Do you know where the company is? Like how to drive there? It may sound like a basic suggestion, but it's actually not. I had an interview once at an industrial plaza where there were hundreds of businesses in there. MapQuest got me to the building, but then inside the complex it was a confusing maze. Long story short, I was late for the interview. I suggest driving down to the building the day before, see where to park, see where the office is so you can be early for the interview.
I work in the marketing field and I think it is very important to bring samples of your work with you to an interview. I don't know what kind of position you are going for, but if you have any type of portfolio then definitely bring it! I went to the web site and the company looks really cool. Too bad I don't live in Florida or I would totally apply there haha.





Just remember to dress professionally, have a recent copy of your resume and show up with a smile on your face. Good luck
Do as much research as you can on their website. That should provide you with questions to ask. In addition to your own more personal questions. One question that seems to come up in interviews: ';where do you plan to be in five years?'; I suggest you offer an answer that implies that you would like to be with the same firm but at an appropriate level to your performance. Feel like you need to so both personal ambition and loyalty. Good luck.
I definitely suggest looking into their website so that you can get a feel for the company: what they do, what their main aims are. You want to be able to ask pertinent questions and show your interest. Also do a little bit of research into the media industry as well.
Hey, congrats! Definitely go prepared. Have a portfolio ready with previous work in case it's needed. Also, have questions ready! Companies love when you inquire about what the position entails - it shows that you're really interested.





Good luck!
Ask questions about their business, and then react off of that. Be very inquisitive about their history. Companies like that sort of thing.
So...what are the basic tips??? I am having trouble nailing interviews.
It does look like a fun company to work at! I don't know what else to tell you but good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment