Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am going to get my second degree as a Registered Nurse. Any advice?

I will be switching careers and going back to school to get my second degree as a nurse. They have accelerated BSN programs and MSN programs...not sure which I will do yet. Has anyone been in my situation and have any advice? Is it difficult to pay?I am going to get my second degree as a Registered Nurse. Any advice?
Good for you! Nursing is a great career with many opportunities. I suggest that you get your BSN first and then if you want to be in management you will need an MSN. You will have more success if you spend a couple of years in clinical nursing before moving to management or teaching (with an MSN). As far as paying, there are many grants and scholarships available. The financial aid counselors at the colllege are a great help and will do everything possible to help you finance your education. Also, many hospitals offer scholarships in exchange for your agreement to work for them (usually 6 months for every semester paid).

No comments:

Post a Comment