Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Girls advice/ opinions would be wonderful!?

I'm pretty active and play a lot of sports so I was thinking of switching to tampons. I want to talk to my doctor about it but I was am afraid to ask her, what are some ways I could be the topic up? What is your opinion on tampons? Also would it be stupid to ask my doctor?Girls advice/ opinions would be wonderful!?
If you have a comfortable rapport with your doctor, you can just begin a conversation about how uncomfortable you are during your sports activities wearing a pad, afraid of leakage, etc.; then let questions lead from there. Wearing tampons and a panty liner during sports will be much more comfortable for you not only physically, but emotionally as well; you won't have the thoughts in the back of your mind that an accident might happen.





Good luck.Girls advice/ opinions would be wonderful!?
if you have a girl docter i'm sure they hear a lot of questions like that. i play tennis a lot and i would recommend playtex sport for tampons. i don't know why you would need to ask your docter about this though. if you want to, you can, you can just bring up you want to wear tampons to your mom and she could help you too
tampons work well for sports also you might want to try a soft cup. look it up online.
tampons are a lott better.





i have a couple stories of ';how to bring it up'; and all


im me on sammipenn on yahoo im
You don't need to ask your doctor. Tampons are completely safe (when worn for fewer than 8 hours). You do not need to tell your doctor.





I love tampons. They are much more comfortable than pads.
I was thinking the same thing because I'm in the same situation as you. I'm really nervous about trying them though. They would be VERY helpful with lacrosse and everything else. It is NOT STUPID to ask a doctor ANYTHING. Also, if you have a family member or friend that you are close to.. you should ask them and see what they say. Good luck! Hope you figure everything out! :]
Well personally, I never tried tampons I've heard negative stuff about them. But if you're active and play sports well I suggest that you ASK a close relative and or your doctor. It would be helpful to hear it from a professional/experienced person. It is NOT stupid to ask your doctor. Ask just like you did here.
No it wouldn't be stupid to ask your doctor, trust me, they've been asked worse! The best way to bring it up to your doc is exactly how you asked it here......';I'm pretty active and play a lot of sports so I was thinking of switching to tampons';.....';Could you give me your opinion on which ones would be best for me?';





p.s. Tampon Pearls are great ;)
be straight forward. tampons are great always feel better with one, not stupid to ask you are stupid not to ask.
I prefer Tampons, as long as you are very hygienic, and change them regularly. Talk to your doctor, don't be shy....to be honest they really don't care....that's what they are there for. Make sure you always follow the instructions to reduce the risk of TSS...and it should make playing sports heaps more comfortable.
Well, it looks like 99% of the people who answered like tampons. I am one of those.


There is a lot of good advice in the other's answers. Women doctors are usually easy to talk to about this kind of thing because they have periods too. So go for it. They like it when you are concerned about your health. They are there to help you, just like teachers like to teach you, so do doctors.


I used tampons for many years and liked them a lot.


When you first start using them make sure you get it in all the way or it will be uncomfortable, though not painful. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right. You will know when you have it in right because you will not even feel it.
Not a stupid question at all, especially if she is a woman doctor she should understand. I prefer tampons over anything else, because of the cleanliness and convenience. I would just start the conversation with being active and work your way up to the tampon talk. For instance you could mention you play this sport and the shorts are very fitting and you are uncomfortable with wearing them during your time of the month and if she has any suggestions. This way, you are bringing up the topic, but she is the one that will more than likely bring up the word tampon. Hope that helps.
Well, you could just start by saying Dr.-------, i have a personal question to ask you. He/She will say okay, go ahead. You can just say I'm a very active person and i would like to switch my lady products to something more convenient like tampons. Then ask if He/She has any recommendations on what brand to get.





My opinion on tampons? They work when your an active child/young adult/adult. BUT sometime they do tend to give you more cramps then usual. You also have to change them every 1-3 hours.





It is not stupid to ask your doctor about the change! Your a very smart girl. Especially if you feel uncomfortable about the switch. I hope my advice helped you out! =]
Honestly, you don't have to ask a doctor. Their isn't any certain age limit or anything. If you want to know the brands they'll probably tell you Playtex sport or tampax pearl.





My mom is a doctor too and when I first got them she was just like be careful not to wear it for over 8 hours or else you might get toxic shock syndrome and to read the directions carefully. She's my mom so she cares for me more than her patients and that was all she had to say so I doubt your doctor would say much more....





And about TSS don't worry only 1-17 teenagers out of every 1000 a year get it. But they'll tell you all this, directions precautions and more on the pamphlet thing. lol The directions will probably be more helpful than the doctor.





But if you doo want to ask your doctor because you don't listen to us on yahoo answers here are some suggestions:





Sports have been a lot harder to with my pd. I've been thinking of other ways, what do you think about tampons.





Two weeks of my summer swimming are gone every year because of my pd. I don't want it to be like that this year so what about using tampons.





I can't ever keep up my yoga consistently every month because of my pd. This gets annoying now. What do you think using tampons?





Hope that helps.


Sure took a while for me to type!! ;)
Hmm....you could just slip it in after you guys finish talking about something else. Like '; I play alot of sports now, and I think I should use tampons. Any advice on how to use them? '; And I think they're really good if you're active :) And no, it wouldn't be stupid, doctors can be a big help :]
PADS AT NIGHT TAMPONS DURING THE DAY. that is how i do it. its not safe for you to leave tampons in overnight. but tampons are safe.
Don't be afraid to talk to your doctor, there nothing really stupid about asking your doctor about it. I'm in wrestling and personally perfer a pad over a tampon, but whatever feels more comfortable to you.
You don't need to ask your doctor, unless maybe you have medical issues involving your period.


Tampons are so much better, but don't use them for more than 8 hours. Also be careful for spotting, so have pads available too.
You could always ask your mother, sister or friend if you don't want to go to the doctor. If you go to the doctor don't be embarrased to ask him or her it is not a big deal to them. Tampons are very easy to use once you get the hang of it. I started using them in 6th grade, which was 16 years ago! You could always buy a box and read the instructions, they are that easy to use. You can use them at night or anytime. The old adage that you can't use them at night does not hold true anymore. Once you try them you will never use a pad again...I haven't used one of those for 16 years either! Good luck...you will be fine.
If your doctor thinks that question is stupid get a new doctor! You should feel comfortable enough with your doctor that you can ask anything about any part of your body and get a respectful answer.





Please read the article ';Tampons and Asbestos, Dioxin, %26amp; Toxic Shock Syndrome'; from the FDA.
tampons are so much better





i can NOT wear a pad, EVER


it feels like a diaper and ewww skjhskdjg;fdh





you can swim with tampons and you can't feel it at all and it's just better





:)
It wouldn't be stupid at all to just come right out and ask your doctor. If talking to her would make you feel better before using tampons, it's a good idea.


She is a medical professional and she won't embarrass you if that's what you're afraid of.
';Umm.(whatever your doctor's name is) I am getting pretty active in sports and would like to switch to tampons because I would feel more comfortable using them. What is your take on that?'; My opinion on tampons is whatever you feel comfortable using, whether it is pads or tampons, use it. Get to know tampons so you are completely informed. Well if you are worried and want the best opinion consult your doctor. Depending what age you are you should to your mom first.Best of luck deciding. BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment